Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NOT YOUR ORDINARY COOKING SHOW


I thought all cooking shows are the same. I mean I love them, I look forward to practically all of them and my eyes get glued to the TV as soon as they are on. Sometimes though, I can't help but develop favorites. Some shows are more focused on the food and the cook's passion for it. Others just play a lot of drama and sell the program by featuring the contestant's backstories. I am one of those viewers who tune in to watch good food being cooked with passion and skill.

"The Taste: Tuesday at 8|7c on ABC" is that kind of show, and more. It's the cooking counterpart of "The Voice." The judges blindly taste the food prepared by contestants and sometimes, they have no idea that the person they're sending home is part of their team. For me, this is a fresh approach in the cooking show genre.

What keeps me looking forward to the next episodes is the fact that they have a good combination of judges who are undoubtedly authorities in the culinary world. Both Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson are among my favorites. They have influenced me in my pursuit for having good food on the table whether I get my ingredients at a boutique deli, Trader Joe's or at a local supermarket in a tiny island of the Philippines.

"The Taste" is also one show that gives amateur cooks like me inspiration that if we love what we do, it doesn't matter if we have culinary degrees or not, great food comes from the heart.

If you're a foodie, a chef, an aspiring cook, or someone who just loves to eat, I recommend you watch this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment