Tuesday, February 12, 2013

GARLIC RANCH DRESSING

I love Ranch Dressing as it is, because it's just the kind of taste I like - a perfect blend of mild garlic and onions with a tangy hint and bite from the sour cream and different herbs at the same time very creamy. If you love to eat vegetables like carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and zucchini; this is the perfect pair to match them. Also, use it as a dip for chips. It will make meals and snack time special.

In the US, the most popular is the Hidden Valley Ranch. It is good and if you rave for that taste, you'll get some satisfaction.

In the Philippines, they don't sell that brand in supermarkets. I found a local brand Lady's Choice with different variants of dressings and one of them is Garlic Ranch. I tried it and it's ok although I did not detect any garlic and onion combination. For me, it was just a tangier mayonnaise. However, it's better than other alternatives like plain mayo.

I knew then that I could have a better ranch dressing if I make it myself. I can make it taste the way I'd want it and believe me, I'm really very particular to flavors.

So I tried it and it was a success. It's like an explosion of flavors in your mouth.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup crushed roasted garlic
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried basil
fresh ground black pepper
salt


In a blender or food processor, mix all the ingredients except the salt and pepper. Add them last and put enough according to your taste.

If you have more dressing than what you immediately need, store them in jars or recycle those old ketchup bottles like I did.

In one of my next blogs, this garlic ranch dressing that I made almost from scratch will play a very important role. It will make or break the success of my next dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment